Just after 10 am on March 25th, the Shelton Fire Department’s Huntington, White Hills, and Echo Hose Fire Companies were dispatched to Mulberry Lane for the report of a structure fire. Upon the arrival of the first fire unit, a moderate smoke condition was visible from the eves of the single-family home. It was confirmed by people on the scene that the home was under renovation and nobody was inside. As apparatus arrived, a fire attack hose was deployed to the rear of the house and made entry where they found a large volume of fire in the kitchen and living room areas. As members were attacking the fire, a report was transmitted that a large portion of the floor had burned through in the kitchen. Additional crews were deployed to the garage area where they found additional fire. Members were able to extinguish the fire within 15 minutes. Fire crews remained on the scene checking for hot spots and extinguishing smoldering debris. Once this was complete and crews metered for carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide, the Fire Marshal began their investigation. Engines 32, 52, Ladder 51, and Squad 1 operated under the Command of Deputy Chief Paul Wilson along with Cars 1, 3, and 5. No injuries occurred during the incident. Thank you to Echo Hose Ambulance for providing rehab and the Monroe Fire Department, Engine 75 for assisting on the scene as Pine Rock Park stood by in Station as Citywide coverage.
Picture provided by Ethan Iott.

( Source: Facebook.com/sheltonctfire )