Just before 6:30 this morning, Companies 1 and 5 of the Shelton Fire Department were alerted to a fire alarm at the high school. As crews entered the building to investigate, they located a moderate smoke condition on the 4th floor. After locating the smoke and uncertain as to the source, a Citywide response was requested to bring in companies 3 and 4 as well. As members checked every room, they finally located a burned-out power strip in a classroom that was smoldering. Members unplugged the strip and ventilated the smoke. Truck 3, Squad 1, Ladder 51, Engines 52, 32, 35, Cars 3, and 5 operated under the command of Assistant Chief Mike Plavcan. No injuries occurred and the building is habitable.

( Source: Facebook.com/sheltonctfire )