At 0345hrs the Shelton Fire Department was dispatched to 475 Howe Avenue for the fire alarm activation. Upon arrival, first arriving fire department units were met with heavy smoke from the front of the 123-year-old building. FD units stretched multiple hose lines to attack and knock the fire down which originated in the basement. Additional fire was located in the walls of the adjacent storefronts. Extensive smoke and water damage was sustained to the 1st floors and heavy fire damage in the basement. One firefighter was transported for evaluation. Derby FD, Ansonia FD, Stratford FD, and Trumbull FD provided mutual aid.
( Source: Facebook.com/sheltonctfire )