The Shelton Police/Fire Dispatch alerted the Shelton Fire Department of a smoke condition in the building that houses Chase Bank and Pet Supplies Plus. Upon the arrival of the first fire unit, smoke was visible from the roof. As additional fire apparatus and personnel arrived, members entered the building and found a moderate smoke condition in the bank. Crews proceeded to the roof and found a small fire in an air handling unit. Crews extinguished the fire quickly and checked for fire extension. Members utilized mechanical ventilation to clear the smoke from the building and monitored for Carbon Monoxide. Approximately 25 Firefighters operated under the Command of Assistant Chief Joe Constantino. The apparatus on scene were Engines 32, 35, 42, Rescue 30, Ladders 47, 51, Utility 4, Cars 2, 3, 4, and 5. No injuries occurred and the building was habitable and turned over to the property owner just after 5 pm.
( Source: Facebook.com/sheltonctfire )